Monday 9 September 2013

I have had an awesome starting week on the Alove essential gap year, we have been doing a lot of activities most of which I have been AWESOME at, and that is being modest ranging from crate stacking to aero ball the only thing I didn't rule at when we were at Gilwell park was the raft building as it was an accurate recreation of the titanic for those of you that don't get it we sank big time, I have seen god at work in all of us this week as we have grown together as a team and shared exactly why we were all here doing this year and how God has influenced us and it is great to see young people being empowered to do work for the Salvation Army, I have been taught to journal by Matt Leeder and Anita Gellatly and that has been a new experience for me as I don't normally let my thoughts run wild and they actually be more mature than who would win in a fight between superman and a great white shark but it has been very helpful for me so far surprisingly, I have enjoyed learning sweedish from my awesome flat mate Malin even though I am still very bad it is a lot of fun I still only know pointless words like pinnbrod and very basic questions and responses but I hope to know it better come the end of the year, my biggest achievement this week was learning to play Dominoes with a few of the older generation that come to the homeless lunch and beating them all even though I'm sure it was just beginners luck it still felt really good and now I can't wait to experience more with another awesome week of training coming up BRING ON THE CHALLENGES.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely Superman ;). Really enjoyed spending time with you over the last week and looking forward to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an onslaught of new experiences and stories. Love that you're engaging with Essential already Axl. Keep taking the year seriously but don't lose your good humour. It's a pleasure and privilege to have you on the Essential Gap Year.

    ReplyDelete