Monday 11 November 2013

24/7 prayer

sorry I haven't posted in a while I don't really have an excuse either but here goes, this week has been a very long one for me but incredibly rewarding I have got a lot from God through the exercise of prayer as we at the Salvation Army in Bedford have taken part in a 24/7 prayer week. Before this week I found prayer to be tedious and at times unnecessary but taking part this week it has completely turned those views on their head and now I cant get enough of it, just taking yourself away from life in general to be alone with your thoughts and a bible and God and shout, sing and talk or just meditate on how you feel, what you want and what God wants from you, its brilliant. A few nights I had to do night shifts and going into the week I was thinking to myself why are they asking me to take these shifts I'm never going to be able to fill that much time with prayer on a tired brain without going insane but prayer is a discipline and anything that takes effort, practice and time to master is worth it in the end and actually I found that it was a lot easier than expected, so all of you that are like me and struggle with prayer give it a go you may surprise yourself I know I did. Coming out of the prayer room at the church at the end of the week I was a little sad as I know that the room will be going back to its usual purpose and I wouldn't have that room to go back to whenever I wanted some time to myself but then someone told me that that room can be in my heart and that God is everywhere and always listening I don t need to go to a special room for him to listen and hear and if necessary respond that's the beauty of having such a sovereign Lord. so since the start of the week I have gained a new discipline that I'm going to master if it kills me. P.S: I hope it wont be as long until you hear from me again..........

No comments:

Post a Comment